OWC Pharmaceutical Research Corp. (OTCQB: OWCP) conducts medical research and clinical trials to develop cannabis-based pharmaceuticals and treatments for conditions including multiple myeloma, psoriasis, fibromyalgia, PTSD, and migraines.
Just after the closing bell on Friday, October 14th, 2016, OWCP released an 8-K (see it here). That 8-K states the following very important sentence:
The Registrant is reporting in this Form 8-K that effective on October 3, 2016, the Registrant has no convertible debt outstanding whatsoever.
Translation: No Death Spiral / Toxic Financing like many OTC traded companies.
In addition to the confirmation of no toxic financing, it was less than a month ago they announced:
effective as of September 22, 2016 pursuant to which Medmar has agreed to loan OCW Ltd a total of $300,000 on a non-interest bearing basis, with no conversion rights. Medmar agreed to fund the Loan in six equal installments of $50,000 each. To date, OWC Ltd. has received $100,000 of the total Medmar loan commitment.
So, OWCP is clearly sittin’ pretty on financing.
Market Potential for Products:
- Multiple Myeloma – $7.3 billion in 2014, projected to reach $9 billion by 2021 (Source: http://www.fiercepharma.com/marketing/global-multiple-myeloma-treatment-market-value-to-approach-9-billion-by-2021-says-gbi-0)
- In preliminary studies, OWCP’s in-vitro testing indicated that specific formulations of CBD and THC decreased survival of multiple myeloma cells in a concentration-dependent manner, and resulted in 100% malignant cell death in 60% of cases. This formulation will now be tested in a pre-clinical, IRB approved protocol on mice in an effort to duplicate those results.
- Psoriasis – $6.6 billion in 2014 to over $13.3 billion by 2024 (Source: https://healthcare.globaldata.com/media-center/press-releases/pharmaceuticals/psoriasis-market-will-more-than-double-to-133-billion-by-2024-as-drugs-greatly-improve)
- OWCP completed development of a Topical Cream infused with Cannabis oil extracts to be studied for Psoriasis skin disease. OWCP has started the final phase of Safety testing protocol was designed to corroborate that the cream is safe for application to the skin. OWCP is also preparing to initiate in parallel Efficacy Testing using MatTek Corporation patented EpiDerm™ system, an in-vitro testing technology for dermal toxicologists. This protocol will seek to prove the effectiveness of the formulation in treating psoriasis on human skin tissue.
- NEWS OUT ON OCTOBER 11TH! Product to ship Q2 of 2017! (Source: http://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/OWCP/news/)
- Fibromyalgia – $1.8 billion in 2013, projected to reach $1.9 billion by 2023 (Source: https://healthcare.globaldata.com/media-center/press-releases/pharmaceuticals/fibromyalgia-treatment-market-value-will-crawl-to-19-billion-by-2023-says-globaldata)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Annual cost to society of anxiety disorders is estimated to be significantly over $42.3 billion (Source: http://www.ptsdunited.org/ptsd-statistics-2/)
- An estimated 8% of Americans – 24.4 million people – have PTSD at any given time. That is equal to the total population of Texas. At present, OWCP is negotiating with two other Israeli leading medical centers for the collaboration in the research of migraine and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). The Company expects these agreements to be finalized during the fourth quarter of 2015.
Again, I’ll repeat from the previous post: If a couple of other Pink Sheet stocks with 2 Billion and 5 Billion Outstanding Shares can post losses (one of them in the multi-millions) and still have a Market Value of $16 Million to $48.7 Million… Then why, oh, why wouldn’t OWCP (with a list of positives that prove it’s a superior) be capable of reaching $0.40/share ($40M Market Value) in the near future?
Credit: Some of the content here was brought forth by ‘John Kent‘ on iHub